Dining Out for Life is a local fundraising initiative for HIV/AIDS service organizations throughout the United States and Canada.
Since 2001, Dining Out for Life has been produced in San Francisco, ensuring that funds raised stay local. Through community participation we have been able to raise over one million dollars for HIV prevention and care services in San Francisco.
All proceeds from Dining Out for Life Bay Area directly support San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
The foundation’s mission is to end the transmission of HIV in San Francisco and improve access to care through education, advocacy, and direct services in communities most vulnerable to the disease. We are proud to offer all of our programs at no cost to our clients through the generous support of our many community partners and individual donors. For more information, go to www.sfaf.org.
Learn more about our work in this video.
Your Donation at Work
Your gift(s) to San Francisco AIDS Foundation help us provide the following essential services for prevention and care. While government funding sometimes provides the bulk of the resources to deliver vital services, private support like yours bridges the gap (an average of 30%) and provides us the resources to expand critical services beyond current government funding limitations and fully serve those in need.
- $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.
In addition to our programs and services, our public policy work has a national scope: We are helping develop and implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, as well as the formulation of HIV/AIDS components of national healthcare reform legislation. Your support helps people in every corner of the country who are impacted by HIV.
San Francisco AIDS Foundation is rated four out of four stars by Charity Navigator, the premiere charity rating organization, because of our track record of sound financial management and commitment to accountability and transparency. Only 25% of rated charities in the United States have achieved a 4-star rating.
For more information about Dining Out for Life or San Francisco AIDS Foundation, you can contact our office:
Melanie Woods, Events Associate
p. (415) 487-3114
f. (415) 487-3094
Sponsorship OpportunitiesFor information about corporate sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Christopher Berini, Director of Corporate and Institutional Partnerships